For customers who need claim information related to damage from Hurricane Harvey
CLICK HERE for Commercial and Personal Claims Contact Info.


Cravens Warren

Serving the risk management and commercial insurance needs of business. Cravens Warren, founded in 1946, has been serving the insurance needs of... read more

Contact Info
  • 10011 West Gulf Bank
    Houston, TX 77040
  • Phone (713) 690-6000
    Fax (713) 690-6020
  • contact us
Client Account & Resources
Your Bill
My Documents
Risk Portal
Join Our List
Client Area

Traveling to Canada? State Auto has you covered.

Jul 12, 2011

By:  Cindy Dean, Personal Lines Customer Service

Did you know that State Auto personal auto policyholders have coverage that extends to Canada?  The personal auto policy issued by State Auto includes Canada as part of the policy territory.  Personal Auto coverage applies while you are a temporary visitor.  However, you will be required to show sufficient proof of insurance.

Whether a State Auto insured drives their own vehicle to enter Canada, or plans to receive a rental vehicle upon arriving there, two separate proof of auto insurance documents are required.  You will be required to show a standard ID Card, as well as a separate Canada Insurance Card.  The standard ID Card is received with the policy renewal each year.  However, insureds must request the ID Cards for Canada.

You may request a Canada ID Card by calling us.  Please allow 15 days for delivery, as Cravens Warren must request the card from State Auto.  The time required is due to the restriction that the card must be printed on original security paper.

Coverage-wise, the liability limit carried on a State Auto policy will apply, whether driving an owned vehicle or renting a vehicle.  Physical damage coverage will also apply, even when renting a car, as long as at least one vehicle listed on the auto policy carries physical damage coverage. 

If you would like more information on this coverage extension, please call or email our office. 

(Information Source: