When employees travel overseas on business, they’re exposed to gaps in healthcare coverage that can be costly to them and their employers. Many organizations avoid such problems with the purchase of international medical and AD&D coverage
- resulting in true 24-hour protection for employee business travelers and their dependents.
Why is International Medical and AD&D Needed?
- Employers must protect employees traveling or stationed overseas against financial loss from injury and illness occupational or otherwise.
- Domestic and foreign voluntary workers’ compensation plans often leave employees with less that adequate coverage.
- Accidental death & dismemberment
- Medical expense
What Limits Should You Expect
- AD&D for employee - $100,000 or $250,000 are available
- AD&D for spouse - $50,000; for child - $25,000
- Medical expense for employee, spouse or child - $10,000 or $25,000 are available
Features to Ask For
- Both products extend coverage to personal side trips (up to two weeks) in conjunction with business travel.
- Medical expense provides first dollar coverage for spouse and children traveling with employee.
- AD&D should provide 24 hour door-to-door coverage from time employee and covered family members leave home until they return.