HIIG reorganizes domestic underwriting operations
HOUSTON - January 7, 2013 Houston International Insurance Group (HIIG) announced today the reorganization of its domestic underwriting operations which going forward will be re-branded under the symbol HIIG.
The following divisions have been created to better identify our specialty products offered:
- HIIG Construction - Crane & Rigging; Underground Contractors; and Heavy Transport
- HIIG Energy - Mining; and Oil & Gas
- HIIG Professional - Community Banks; Allied Health; and in the future E&O and D&O
- HIIG Specialty - Hospitality; Security Guards; Texas WC / Non-Subscription
These Divisions will be underwriting operations directly on behalf of HIIG subsidiary insurance companies, which are rated A- (Excellent) or better by A.M. Best:
- Houston Specialty Insurance Company - Surplus Lines
- Oklahoma Specialty Insurance Company - Surplus Lines (Texas only)
- Imperium Insurance Company - Admitted
- Great Midwest Insurance Company - Admitted
HIIG underwriting agency subsidiary Bunker Hill Underwriters has been renamed HIIG Underwriters and represents non-affiliated insurance companies and Lloyds Underwriters in certain classes of business that compliment overall underwriting operations.
Stephen L. Way, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HIIG, said, "As we expand the products we offer, the HIIG brand will be synonymous with creative solutions and efficient service."
HIIG is an insurance holding company based in Houston, Texas with offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Birmingham, Alabama; Chicago, Illinois; and Dallas, Texas.