Employed Lawyers Professional Liability
We are proud to offer Chubb's employed lawyers coverage sponsored by the Association of Corporate Counsel. In-house attorneys have unique and expanding exposures such as claims by non-client, third parties. Chubb's policy offers the best value in coverage for employed lawyers.
Chubb Specialty Insurance
As cost-conscious companies have in-house counsel perform legal services traditionally delegated to outside law firms, corporate attorneys face increasing liability exposures, especially to non-client third parties. The Public Company Accounting Reform And Investor Protection Act of 2002 (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) has increased the legal community's awareness of liability issues as well. Chubb understands the unique malpractice risks faced by in-house attorneys, and we developed our Employed Lawyers Professional (ELP) Liability Insurance program to provide broad, responsive coverage for in-house counsel in this changing environment.
Chubb's ELP Liability Insurance program is sponsored by the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), the largest organization of in-house counsel in the U.S.
The Chubb ELP policy includes the following coverage features:
- Coverage for claims by non-client third parties.
- Coverage for SEC and regulatory claims available.
- No deductible for claims not indemnified by the employer, and full reimbursement coverage (subject to a self-insured retention) for indemnified claims.
- Punitive damages coverage (where insurable by law).
- Coverage for claims by coworkers for discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination that arise out of the attorney's legal work for the company.
- Coverage for claims by individual employees the in-house attorney is assigned to represent.
- Defense cost coverage for claims brought by the employer, the board of directors, and officers.
- Coverage for employer-approved pro bono representations.
Please contact Mike Schneider with questions.