CravensCARES: Year End Review
Our CravensCARES initiative started in February 2011. We are very pleased with the success of our program. This year, we participated in several volunteer efforts, which include:
- Multiple visits to the Houston Food Bank
- Helped Handicapped children learn to surf in Galveston
- Susan G. Komen's Walk for the Cure
- Nursing Home Volunteer Work
- Worked multiple times in a local non-profit consignment shop
- Assisted with tasks at the Houston Pregnancy Help Center
- Assisted in the painting of KIPP Peace Elementary
- Held a shelter drive for Montgomery County Animal Shelter
- Participated in U of H's Career Day
- Volunteered routinely at Children's Hospital
- Held a Thanksgiving Food Drive for the Houston Food Bank
This effort has improved our company culture, as it brought us closer together as a team. We garner pride in giving back to the community that supports us, and we have found daily inspiration in giving.
In particular, we'd like to thank Betty Copaus for serving as the CravensCARES chairperson for this year. Betty's motivation has helped us all become more active in charitable endeavors, and she has contributed greatly to the success of this year's efforts. We'd also like to thank our employees who participated, even donating time on nights & weekends to help our community. Thanks fo the efforts, we have donated more than 300 hours to community service in 2011.
If you have a charity you'd like CravensCARES to participate in for 2012, please contact Betty by email at email@example.com, or at 281-854-2566.